Friday 14 August 2009



I'm really happy that Scholastic are re-issuing my vampire novel, Blood Sinister, this month. I wrote it a while ago now, and it has had various incarnations with various different covers, but I like the look they have given it and it is good to see it out now.

I've always loved vampires, I'm glad the rest of the world is catching up with me. My interest goes way back to the days of the old Hammer Horror films and Christopher Lee as Count Dracula. I read Bram Stoker's Dracula when I was a teenager and it is still one of my favourite books in the horror genre. More recently, I was an avid watcher of Buffy and really liked Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire and her vampire Lestat. I'm not sure about this new generation, I like my vampires to have a bit of bite, but if they direct new readers to some of the classics in the genre, that has to be a good thing.

1 comment:

rocklover said...

You should be proud that you dared to write a vampire book before twilight. You and l.j. smith are good vampire book writers, and you wrote them before the vamp buzz.